Since I was 3 years old I have thanked God. I thanked Him for my Mommy & Daddy, my brothers, and then later, more brothers and sisters. All the faithful dogs, puppies, kitty cats, and even the turtles we used to bring home from the Woodbury Creek. When I went to school and learned about other countries and continents, I thanked God that I was not born in India, or other places where children starved. When I learned about history I thanked God that I was not born in Germany during World War II. I thanked Him for my father and uncles, my aunt and cousins, my brothers, my son in law, who served to protect America. And now my daughter too.

When I learned about the Bible I thanked God that I was not born during the first century Church. I thanked Him that I could come home every night and know that Mom was cooking pork chops or chicken and Dad would be home by 6. I thanked Him that people no longer sacrificed children to Molek and that I did not live in Sodom.
As I got older, I thanked God that my body was whole and that I was not born a paraplegic. I also thanked Him that with a little hard work, sacrifice, and self control, I could accomplish a lot. In my early 20's, I realized that with me and God, He could do anything He wanted! And then He went and gave me the greatest gift of my life - Rich.
I still thank Him for that. And 27 years later, I thank Him every day for the precious gift of each child He has shared with us.




Growing up in my family I always knew God. I always believed that He could do ANYTHING. If there was one thing that I was sure of, it was that God always wins! I made up my mind a long time ago that I was going to be His. I may not be the best or the brightest kid, but for all my life, I was going to be the best Eileen I could be in His eyes. As it was when I was 7 years old, my goal is still to be a little saint. Not one that will be recognized or get a page in a book, but one that He recognizes. My hope is - seeing Him smile real BIG with arms open wide laughing as He welcomes me into eternity,
"Welllllll done good and faithful servant!"
And that will be just great!

2 comments:
Right on, Mama.
I'm glad we're cousins! You insire me!
Post a Comment