Monday, May 12, 2008

Once a year is just NOT enough!


Skedaddled down to Ocean City
for a girl's getaway weekend.

Lots of chatter, laughter, and bantering.


This was the only sour puss in the whole bunch.


We enjoyed some of our favorite pastimes,

including fine reading . . .



AND, trash picking treasures!


The food, the drinks, the accommodations were marvelous!
But the best thing of all
was "just being a gal" for 48 hours
and enjoying
my delightful, faithful, gorgeous friends!




P.S. We all missed Joanne.


Can anyone say "Perfect Day?!!!"

That is my description of yesterday.

I arrived home from my refreshing, exhilarating, FUN weekend to a crisply manicured, freshly mowed lawn, a spanking clean front porch adorned with a pink Mother's Day balloon dancing in the breeze. Keren and Cookie were jumping up and down behind the glass paneled storm door greeting me with barks and squeals of excitement. Upon entering the living room I was bowled over by the visual appearance of gleaming furniture, gold silverware, and a
"House Beautiful" set table complete with a dozen white roses as centerpiece. And the piesta resistance was the "love of my life"


in an apron, in the kitchen, fussing over wine and sauces being stirred by two smiling children. I was ushered to my chair after being hugged and kissed, whereupon delectable appetizers were served to both myself and my friend Diane. A bottle of Bailey's was cracked open and I was poured a healthy glass of that smooth, Irish cream liqueur. Supper was wonderful and the best part - I was not allowed to jump up and get anything! Josh and Rose popped up anticipating my every desire, and everyone attentively asked about my weekend and listened in rapt silence (except for enthusiastic nods, and interested questions). Josh was on his 3rd day of antibiotics and feeling like himself again. Keren giggled at all my funny stories before excusing herself for work. I didn't clean up any dishes or anything! I was Queen for a Day! Remember that show? I then called Rachel Hinman back to thank her for the most beautiful book (made me cry!) and chatted for a good long time! We went to my mother's and got to listen to Stan's tales of his recent 6 month travels to India, China, Vietnam, Thailand, and many other cool places. Rich got to talk to his Mom and she Did get her card before Mother's Day! Hallelluhah! Kezziah called and we got to fill up on the last week of each others life too. It snowed in Kez's town, and it was 101 in Rachel's home. Crazy stuff that global warming.


It took me a long time to fall asleep last night cause I couldn't stop talking, but I finally did. I woke up talking and Rich had to eventually put the hand up and respectfully request retreat so he could report to work. So, I guess that's the latest news from South Jersey.
Have a groovy day and
remember . . .


Keep

(go Lynn . . .)


Smiling !



HAPPY WAVE JUMPERS
COPYRIGHT 2008.
  • a full length 2 minute video,
  • dedicated to our generous hosts -
Dave & Anne Troyer.



1 comment:

rae said...

This is WONDERFUL! I love it. LOVE IT!